Big thinkers who see the big picture: That’s the ideal profile for our engineering and operations department. We need people with the imagination to think on a large scale, and the patience to cross every “t” and dot every “i.” If spreadsheets leave you all aquiver, or your morning routine is organized for maximum efficiency, this might be where you belong.
- Maximize productivity, efficiency, and reliability of our generation fleet
- Provide engineering support for substations and transmission lines: Site, design, construct, and maintain Wabash Valley Power and co-op facilities
- Provide engineering support for Wabash Valley Power’s alternative energy sources, including 15 landfill gas sites and a community solar program
Do you carry a pocket calculator in addition to your cell phone? Have you earned the nickname “Nostradamus” because of your uncanny ability to create accurate forecasting models? Then our accounting and finance department wants to hear from you. You’ll play a key role in keeping our company dynamic, flexible, and smartly invested. You don’t just ensure we serve our member co-ops well today—you ensure we’re serving them for years to come.
- Overall financial management of the organization
- Risk management and regulatory interaction with state and federal commissions
- Power supply load forecasting and modeling
Our marketing and communications team is insatiably curious, and knows how to sell what makes us special. This department is no place for modesty—you’ll help us put our best face forward and show the world who we truly are. If you think it’s cool to be deliberately different, if you are flexible, responsive, and enjoy the pursuit of all things new, or if you can write in 140 characters what most people can’t in 500, send us your resume.
- Campaign development for energy efficiency programs
- Communication strategies that support community and economic development growth initiatives
- Conduct market research and report on key findings
- Create and execute communication strategies that support Human Resources and training
- Support 23 co-op communicators with content, campaigns, and the powermoves.com website
Job 1: Our HR team makes sure we get paid on time, every time. And for that, we are eternally grateful. The human resources department is how we take care of our employees, and make sure they feel appreciated. It requires great people skills and close attention to detail. If you believe that treating people well is right up there with timely payroll processing—and that it is the secret behind all successful businesses—then you’d be a perfect match for our HR team.
- Talent management and recruiting
- Leadership training
- Learning and development
- Compensation strategy/benefits
- HR compliance and reporting
We’re passionate about technology, and every day brings new opportunities and challenges for our technical services department. These people play a crucial role in making sure our equipment not only works, but that it stays secure. So… Does in-depth analysis of data systems pique your interest? Does your idea of a perfect weekend include staying up late to unknot a thorny piece of code? You’re a rare breed, friend, and exactly the type we want in our technical services department.
- SCADA, RTU, and communications assistance and support
- Software development, data management, and system architecture design
- Technology design, installation, and troubleshooting
- Cyber security monitoring, education and threat notification
This job isn’t for everybody. Risk can be a scary thing, especially when there are a lot of people who depend on you. But if this is where you belong, then you know that risk is inevitable in any portfolio, and you’ve got the mojo to keep risk in check. Sure it takes some strategy and long-term planning, but hey, isn’t that part of the appeal? If you said “yes,” we want to hear from you.
- Strategic direction of WVPA’s power supply portfolio
- Oversight of enterprise-wide risk management activities
- Monitoring and sales of the organization’s renewable and environment credits/allowances
- Demand Response program development
We love sticklers. We love people who read the rules before they play the game, people who know all of the safety procedures by heart and who proudly display OSHA VPP Star Status on their bumper sticker. The compliance department is on the front lines of the fight to ensure we meet our regulatory commitments and at the same time that we don’t slip on an icy patch in the parking lot and crack open our noggin. And they know a thing or two about electrical safety. Want to help us stick to the straight and narrow? Then this is where you belong.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with environmental laws and regulations
- Oversee, manage, and ensure compliance with The North American Electric Reliability Corporation
- Develop safety procedures and training for employees
- Serve as general counsel to the WVPA Board of Directors
It’s one of the most important questions in our business: How do we get electricity to members? The answer is in constant flux, as technology, the distribution landscape, and our members’ needs continue to evolve. Yet the people who do best in this department are the most patient, the most steady, and the most willing to commit to solving the problems at hand. This job is one part design, one part problem solving, and a whole lotta parts ingenuity. If that’s your jam, we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Design and management of distribution substations and transmission lines
- Demand interval metering and load profiling
- Renewable power supply options and development